Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Awesome Blog

Of course it is all in Georgia ...but still very informative after the first few posts...

http://atstagehiker.wordpress.com/

" I have wanted to experience the Appalachian Trail since I was a very young man. Inwardly, I wish I could hike the entire trail in one trip. I’d set speed records and make over 20 miles each day. Yeh, yeh, sure, doesn’t everyone dream these foolish dreams? In my mind I bring up memories of stories about excited warriors going off to war. “We’ll all be home by Christmas, after we whip the…” Except no one is ever home from the war by Christmas. Seemingly simple conquests have a way of growing large. And I smile to myself as I think I may have underestimated the trail in the same manner as the aforementioned optimistic warriors."

1 comment: