Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Hate to wait but don't have many other options.

Crazy to think this is all going to come together because of a random Facebook post. I've had a secret urge to get back on the AT since I was 19. While on vacation in New Hampshire where my dad lives and, coincidingly, where we will be spending some of the hardest days of our trip, we did four days with our life on our back and every night under the stars. It was Heaven on Earth for me, despite the blisters and scratches here and there. Needless to say when I saw Tiffany's post it sparked the fire inside me that has been smoldering for 7 years. "Unfortunately" (haha) I'm stationed out here in Hawaii until Fall 2013 and by then I'm sure we will have made a plan, changed it, re-planned, and changed that one about ten times too. But that's ok, we'll just think we're 110% ready for something that you can never truly be ready for. Until then it will be extended day hikes for me out here in paradise with some camp/hikes mixed in when I can get them. Aloha!!

Cameron

1 comment:

  1. It was a random Facebook post, and much to my surprise you responded!

    I have never even seen the AT, but I can't wait to get on it and be there with someone who wants it just the same.

    T

    ReplyDelete